Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Broomball

Last night I had my second broomball practice and it went much better than the first one. My bro lent me his equipment so I was able to run on the ice much easier than my previous practice. The shoes are pretty cool. Impossible to describe, just imagine a foam jelly on the bottom of your shoes that doesnt exactly stick to the ice but adds traction you wouldn't get from running shoes.
I am doing much better than I thought I would be. I am still not sure I will be representing any thing or any one just yet but its good fun all the same.
Tomorrow night I have my physical test to become a Paid On Call Firefighter. I am a little nervous because I am definitely out of shape and broomball has proven that to me. We played floor hockey as well for practice on Sunday and I was wheezing far to quickly for my liking! I am sure before too long I will regain my lungs.
Work is going well but its not overly exciting. Its just something that I do because I have to make money. Sales are still up but not as much as they were when I first took over the accounts. August was looking like it was going to be a dismal month for me until the last week where coke 12 packs went on sale for $2.85 at the biggest supermarket in town. We blew through 4 extra pallets over the weekend. We were seriously low stocked on Monday morning. All in all its a pretty good job and I seem to be doing well at it. I have no plans to make any changes in the next little while.
I just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone with bell trying to get my cell phone bill all sorted out. I thought that they had over charged me quite a bit but it turns out it was A-ok but I was over paying huge on text messages and other services. I got it all worked out and switched around a few things so that its now all good. Sadly I still have to pay the current bill...
Not much else to report, I havent done much of anything other than paint a house which looks fabulous even if I must say so myself! I am just putting on the finishing touches which is nice cause with that being finished I will have a little bit more free time to take care of a few other things.
I'm gonna go put those touches on now. Stay well and happy everyone!

1 comment:

kle said...

glad to hear you're doing well.
congratulations on passing the firefighter test - quite the job on the side.
it's good to hear you're keeping busy and still liking the north.
miss you
(heart)
smell