Saturday, December 8, 2007

Current Temp = -16

These days I have settled into a pretty good routine up here. Life is pretty much business as usual except sales have started to pick up due to the Christmas season. Mostly I am thinking about getting away on a vacation at some point this winter. I miss snowboarding like its my job so I am gonna go and shread some insane powder somewhere exciting.
Firefighting is going well but there is quite a bit of drama going on at the hall. The boys have been without a contract for about two years now and its starting to come to a close. They had an arbitration hearing recently so they are waiting to hear the decision on that. The city is trying to avoiding adding additional personnel that are required. We are also caught in the middle somewhat because we are neither union or city staff. It definitely makes things interesting.
In other news the major purchase of a trailer closes on Wednesday. I am pretty pumped up about owning a property up here. Its a big investment but an important start to my million dollar fantasies! In due time...
Its Saturday night and I am going to get ready to hit the town. I hope all is well and people are enjoying the Christmas Season!

No comments: