Wednesday, December 5, 2007

New Helmet!

So I have finished the training required to obtain my black helmet at long last... Well it actually didnt take much time at all. It used to be that even after completing all of your training it took another couple of months to earn your black helmet. With the new deputy Chief in town we now get the helmets after completing Offensive 1 & 2 courses.
I am pretty excited because now I can respond on apparatus, fire trucks, to fire calls. I would likely not be doing much on scene but any experience is good experience at this point in time.
The firehall is going pretty well and I am starting to make a few more friends with some of the other fellas on different platoons.
Work is starting to pick up a little bit of steam heading into the Christmas season. It keeping me quite busy but afterwards we head into a lull season which will be nice. It will give me time to prepare for next summer. Get the contest all ready for the summer season and take some vacation time. I am leaning towards a snowboarding trip of sorts. I miss snowboarding every weekend. We have a bunch of snow up here but no hills. Its really quite depressing!!!
I am off to bed, stay well!

No comments: