Friday, November 16, 2007

Christmas Display

One of our accounts in town here approached us about putting up a display in their store for the Christmas season. Well today at work we built one heck of a display! Here are the photos that show the job from start to finish… The end result looks absolutely amazing, in my biased opinion. Ironically our competition elected to not erect a display which can only help my sales numbers for the season!
My boss, Doug, had built a few displays that have won awards for Coca Cola in Western Canada. So this was one of his previous creations with a few additions. He wrote up all the plans and facilitated the building of the display.

This is what we started with, an empty front of the store. We brought in about 8 full pallets to build the entire display. Three and a half of those were the base that you see here.


In order to hang those signs up there I was lifted up on a wobbly pallet jack and given some wire hangers. After I managed to stop shaking atop of the thing I managed to get wires all in place quite evenly. I was pretty shocked cause the jack was shaking sooo badly, or maybe that was me.


Our first "house" Cranberry Ginger Ale with the Coke Zero "Eave". At this point I figured I was in for a seriously long day...

Peak two, our Coke village is starting to take a little big more shape. Along with that shape is a replica of the leaning tower of Pisa. We remedied that as best we could with a pallet jack and some cardboard. *Note to customers - Don't loiter under the sprite roof!!!

Doug hard at work facilitating!


Starting to look even better but still impossible to shop off of just yet. I can't even count how many customers made the joke:
"I want that one on the bottom"
Hardy har har har... Hilarious!
Slowly but surely things are starting to come together for the village people...

Santa makes his appearance atop of the Cran Ale house. His sleigh is over at the neighbours. Just a hop skip and a jump away. Now that the display is built, we need product that is easily accessible to our customers. Plus how are the coke village people going to look outside their houses to check on the weather?

Windows! Beautifully created by one lucky lady... Wink, wink, nudge, nudge! I think they really make the whole village come together nicely. Handcrafted as well... Can't find those on the POS website, trust me, I looked!

The product "waterfall" is being installed. These are the products that we want our customers to purchase. With any luck they will leave our roof tops alone!!!


Here are the two masterminds behind this glorious display putting the final touches on it... We're still missing price signage though.


The End Result!!!!





Start time 7:00 AM
Finish time 2:45 PM

It was actually much quicker than we had anticipated. I think that is because this has previously been built so Doug had it all planned out perfectly.

I am off to bed, tomorrow is the Santa Claus Parade and I am planning on being the star of the show hanging off the fire trucks...

No comments: