Friday, November 16, 2007

Fire Fighting Photos...

Decked out in full gear. Its hard to even tell who is who once we are all geared up. We ran the stairs about 15 times that day. Quite tiring the say the least! At least with all this working out the six pack is about to return after a beerful absence...


This is probably after one of the many trips were took up the stairs. Somedays I am pretty sure that some of our more experienced Paid on Calls enjoy putting us through the paces. Next year it will be me and I am quite pleased about that! Maybe I'll take it easy on the new fellas, but I doubt it!


My Japanese pose... Peace out homies!


This makes me smile everytime I come into the hall. My own locker with a name on it... Our helmits are still yellow with duct tape name tags but that will all change after we pass our offensive 1 and 2 tests. Black helmits simply look waaay cooler...



This was the evening that was mentioned in the previous post. We pretty much demolished that place as much as we possibly could. A good time was had by all but more importantly, we learned a lot!



Here is Sammy. He is quite an interesting little fella. He actually works for the competition here in town and his mouth is flapping a mile a minute, all the time. His nickname around the hall is Mamma. He didn't remember the phonetic alphabet quite right... M = MIKE, not MAMMA.


Here I am practicing donning my turn out gear. Each time we are timed and we gotta have all of our equipment and SCBA on in less than two minutes. Slowly but surely we're getting quicker at this. It's little things that save seconds and essentially lives.


Here's our favorite instructor. About once a day he comes out with a killer joke that we all have a good laugh over. At that moment everyone loves Ingo. The rest of the time, we are just trying to get through class...


It's a little tight under there. I am still trying to get over the claustrophobia issues... The first time I was crawling under the truck I got stuck and pretty much started to hyperventilate. I have since calmed down quite a bit... I am still sucking back about half a tank each trip!

No comments: