Sunday, October 14, 2007

I'm not in Hibernation... Just hiding!

To all of my adoring fans... I have been pretty busy and without the internet for the past little while so thats why I have neglected my blog. The nets getting installed at the pad on Tuesday so hopefully it wont be long before it is operational!
In the meantime I have been busy both working and enjoying life! Last weekend there was a broomball tournament. Ironman, my team managed to win the whole thing in a thrilling fashion. The last game came down to a shootout after we managed to hold off the other team in overtime while down a man. We played the entire first game with only 4 guys and a goalie because some of the players thought we were joking when we said the first game is at 7:30 AM. We managed to hold on for the tie after leading for almost the entire game on a beautiful goal by yours truely! It held up until the 2 minutes when the other team tied it up. We played about 6 games on Saturday and by the end of it I was simply beat. A worn out guy with the title of Champion!!!
FYI - There were three teams in the tourney...
Last Wednesday I went out to the firehall for our weekly training session and we saddled up and jumped on the trucks. It was awesome, I was grinning from ear to ear all night after that. The last time I remember being on a fire truck was when I was a kid and ended up with the split open head. The was much more fun and memorable. We went to an abandoned appartment block. It used to be staff housing for one of the mines in town and is getting torn down at the end of the month. Until then we have free run of the place for our training purposes. Firefighting is turning out to be really rewarding and entertaining.
I am doing quite a bit of extra work these days with a contractor in town which is keeping me busy evenings and weekends. If all goes according to plan then I am hoping that I can live off of that money and keep my paychecks in the bank. Time will tell how that ends up working out.
I gotta head outta here and get some things done. I hope the world is treating you well!
Later Skaters!

1 comment:

kle said...

who knew life in the north could be so entertaining, eh?
teasing...you know i love my northern town as well.
glad you're doing well and keeping happy!
i'm swamped with midterms, assignments and work. sorry i missed your call last night - have been pretty distracted.
i'm off to montreal on wed morning (6am!!) on a school trip. then reading week all next week - so, i'll try and find you at some point in the next wk.
until then, be safe and have fun.
(L) smell.