Sunday, October 28, 2007

Interesting Comment...

I almost forgot to add what the senior firefighter said to me when I got to the firehall...
I am just a rookie and don't know much about what to do and such but he looks at me after going over a few ground rules and says:

"If we get a call, get your funny sh*t on quick, stick with Dean. Where he goes, you go"

Perhaps if we get a call while on shift I will see a live fire sooner rather than later. Once I have completed the second round of training, Offensive Firefighting 1 and 2 then I get upgraded to a black helmit and I can respond to much more interesting calls. Right now when a call comes in everyone piles out in the ambulance and I am left at the hall by myself... Its kinda scary that a call might come in while I am there solo.

No comments: